Some quick facts about warfarin and INR:
- An anticoagulant (blood thinner) prevents formation of blood clots in blood vessels by making your blood take longer to clot.
- Warfarin is the most commonly used oral anticoagulant.
- Your response to warfarin will be checked via blood test called International Normalized Ratio (INR).
- INR is a standard test used to measure the time taken for the blood to clot.
- The dose of warfarin will be increased or decreased accordingly to achieve the target INR (varies for each person).